Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Trusting in God for financial provision in an old-fashioned way

The global financial crisis last year was a major challenge for most of us. The organisation I work in, for example, took very strong measures to cut back on expenses in order to keep as many staff as possible.

But I know of one well-known mission agency that recorded a 100% financial support for their missionaries. And they managed to do that without fund-raising effort and without believing in any form of prosperity doctrine. They have always been trusting God for his supply in the old-fashioned way. That is, they don't deliberately ask people for money. They use sound financial management. They pray. It still works even in the 21st century, because God hasn't changed.

I am not opposed to fund raising or similar measures. But sometimes I wonder whether we trust ourselves more than trusting in God. Well, indeed it is a good question for myself. Do I trust God enough for everything in my life?

No comments: